Saturday 29 December 2012

One is not born a women, one becomes one....


 
 
Well hello my darlings....
 
I hope you have been having a truly festive time... I thought i would just swing by to let you know the festive goings on....
 
Well i must have been a really good girl as Santa really did visit our humble abode as i really have been spoilt my pressies include such things as a new handbag, necklace, earrings a darling figurine of Tinkerbell with the caption let your dreams fly :-).... and drum roll pleeeaasssee i am now the proud owner of a stunning princess cut white gold engagement ring yay!!
 
So i can now announce myself and my gorgeous fiancee are tying the note on 10th May 2014... this is 10 years in the making so i can't lie and say there weren't a few tears shed Christmas day as he got down on one knee, shaking with our song playing in the background to ask me to marry him :-) true tell your grandchildren story style....
 
The other new love of my life is Yankee candles new scent pink lady slipper, a scent of parma violets with a subtle fresh note perfect....This got me thinking of smells and how much they personally mean to me as i associate my fondest memories to smells, for example parma violets reminds me of my great Nana who died two years ago and Saturday afternoons at her house, since she passed I've kept her favourite Yardley's perfume on my dresser and just a mere spritz makes me feel close to her remembering her teaching me classic make up techniques i still use. My Nana was and always be my style icon so immaculate even in her last year of 92 years old she was fashion  perfect.....
 
 
Other smells that i love are suntan lotion and fruity cocktails a heady mix that takes me back to myself and my fiancees first festival together, friends all around us amazing music pure pleasure :-) and more recently our first holiday together to Corfu :-)
 
so any smells that take you to a moment in time?? personally its music and smells for me that can instantly make me smile or cry at a memory.....
 
Whilst i'm here my new years fashion inspiration...
 
 
and my take for new years eve with black blazer heels and glitz
 
 
what do we think???
 
oh and a pic of me and my gorgeous other half around 2 years ago :-)
 
 
 
have fun everyone mwahhhhhhhh xoxoxoxo

2 comments:

  1. This is absolutely adorable hun! I'm so pleased for you! Congratulations!!!!

    Lea x

    It's Such A Wonderful Life -
    http://shebeginstosee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you sweetheart I'm so happy in the midst of planning at the mo :) xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete